Home

Friday, September 10

Watch out Martha Stewart



I was one of those lucky children that grew up in a loving home, where our house always smelled like my mums home cooking. My mother was always cooking yummy treats like brownies, chocolate cake and cookies. Since Dylan has moved on to solid foods I thought it was about time I learned how to cook. I was given a great cookery book called "How to look good in the Kitchen" Now this fantastic book not only told you how much time you had to paint your nails, while your potatoes boiled but it also taught you fool proof dishes that would impress even the most experienced chef. However it didn't include baby dishes. As much as DJ loves his food, he isn't ready for cock au van just yet! So step in Annabel Carmel. This book is a must for all new mums. It tells your what your baby can eat at what stage, what foods are easy to start with and it comes with recipes so easy to follow even your baby could follow them. In fact some of the recipes are so good I even have them my self for dinner.
I am also obsessed with baking this month. It started when I had to bake a cake for Amalie's (DJ's girlfriend) christening. Ever since then I haven't been able to stop. Now my waist line is not too happy about this, nor is my man, who is accusing me of being a feeder.... But I adore the smell of the fresh brownies wafting from the kitchen.
I have the fondest memories making brownies with my own mum when I was little, licking the chocolaty batter off the spoon, and waiting patiently or not so patiently by the oven. I am really looking forward to the day when I can bake with DJ. Those are the memories that stay with you forever.
I'll just have to work a little harder in the gym ;-)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, Tara! Those cookie's Look scrumptious! mail some to Tx please!? HEHE <3 I completely i agree. I too bake fresh deserts for my kids. I always wanted to be one of those moms that have fresh cookies, brownies, or cake waiting for my precious kids when the get home from school, and they all love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating great memories for them
    So important.
    xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails