Home

Friday, September 24

New Trends for 2011

2009/2010 was the year of the Jeggings. Leggings that look like Jeans, but not as comfy. Now unless you look like Sienna Miller this trend was not for you! and defiantly not for ME. I personally found jeggings HIDEOUS. In-fact even my super skinny sister and Sienna Miller look questionable in them!




NY Fashion week 2011 saw Michael Kors bringing out the love child of the sweatpants and Jeans, affectionately known as Jweats. I actually really like this trend. Its perfect for us Yummy Mummies. They are comfy and cute and perfect for school runs,picking up the groceries, and coffee mornings. Unlike sweatpants that can be very unforgiving to your bum, Jweats give you the same shape as jeans would. Add with a pair of wedgies to elongate the legs and make your bum look that extra bit perky.

Another trend I am loving for 2011 is the re return of the wide leg trousers. They were seen on practically every runway at NY Fashion week. They are super flattering and again are comfy and practical, add with a pair of boots and a polo neck jumper, and you have a great winter outfit. Marc by Marc Jaobs, Tory Burch, Jason Wu, and a more affordable Tommy Hilfiger all have super cute ones.

I've always been a big big big fan of maxi dresses, especially the ultra fashionable and flattering halter neck dresses. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw these dresses sashaying down the run way. Donna Karan, Calvin Klein, and Vena Cava .

Now I am off to go find my self a pair of Jweats!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails