Home

Saturday, November 27

Working Mums

Every one has an opinion on this subject. Some Phycologist say that a baby needs it mother all day everyday for the first 2 years, to be a secure successful adult. Some say that babies learn more and develop quicker being around other babies and children in a day care centre. I know that many mums don't have the choice, once maternity leave is over they have to go back to work. Through my line of work I am lucky that I can pick and choose what I do and when I do it. Yes my priorities have changed greatly since having DJ, and he will always be my number one, but I also want to work, i want to work for me, I still have the urge to make great movies. I have gone back to work and I am working on some really great projects, and it feels great to be back in the saddle. I am so lucky I get to do a lot from home and when I do have to go away to work, I have to admit I LOVE IT, (Gasp) I know I am meant to feel guilty and be thinking about DJ all the time when I am gone, but I don't. I love my time away from him, Grown up time. Me time, I know he is in safe hands, I get to go and be me. To full fill the other side of my life. I want my son to be proud of me, to see me work and to contribute to our household. Its important to me. I am lucky I don't have to work, every day. So I do spend most of my time with him but then when I do go away for a few hours I am a much happier mummy. We all have babies at different stages in life. Perhaps you are a mum who has worked hard and now is ready to be a full time mum, or perhaps you got your little surprise when you were just heading up that ladder like me, and still have to full fill that part of you. What ever it is don't feel guilty, you ultimately have to do what is right for you because a happy mummy is a happy baby
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails