Home

Thursday, August 5

To much pressure to be a perfect mum?

In my last blog I touched on the subject guilt. As mothers we have a lot of it. We try to juggle homes, love lives,babies and careers. Along with being the most amazing thing in the world its also very very hard being a mum.
Reading through the latest Harper Bazaar (UK) edition Gisele Bundchen declared all women should breast feed exclusively for the first 6 months. She says “Some people here think they don’t have to breastfeed, and I think, ‘Are you going to give chemical food to your child, when they are so little?’ There should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months.”
When I read this it made me angry but also sad, like I was a bad mother for only breast feeding for the first 4 months of my sons life. After that it was his choice to stop. One day when I tried latching him on, he cried and cried. He was hungry he wanted more than what I had to offer him. SO what was I to do? Let me child starve no. Some mothers also cant breast feed. One friend that I know had to have multiple blood transfusions so she was not there to start her son off her milk dried up, due to the stress. The fact is some mothers just cant breast feed. She has a habit of putting her foot in it, in an earlier edition of Vogue she said "It didn't hurt in the slightest. The whole time my mind was focused in each contraction on the thought, 'My baby is closer to coming out’. It wasn’t like, 'This is so painful’. So I transformed that intense feeling into a hope of seeing him."
Now for some one who had a very painful labour and 2nd degree tear, that was something I really did not want to hear.
I am hoping that, as english is not her first language, that she just got mis understood.
Still its hard for us mums who try so hard and then to hear another mum declare that its all so easy.

I can't deny it though, she does look bloody amazing.. I really don't think she is human . Perhaps she is an Avatar!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails