Home

Friday, June 18

Moving House



Remind me never to move house again!
We are on the move. Our lovely 2 bedroom stylish, modern apartment by the sea is being traded in for a 3 bed house in a quaint neighborhood. I love our apartment, its so close to everything, and it has been perfect for us, But since Dj has come along the place has become cluttered with toys, baby bouncers and bottles.I have spent hours scrubbing and cleaning our cream carpets, trying to get out vomit and poo stains. ( We have all taken the nappy off at the wrong time)
So I found a nice house with wooden floors and plenty of space, it even has a garden!.
Its going to be great for our growing family. However, we have to actually move in to it first.!
I wish I could close my eyes, click my heals together three times and be in the house with all our belongings in their right places.
I am currently sitting on a box surrounded by 'stuff'. Dj is going through his clingy phase and doesn't want to be put down. I think he is also sensing a move is on the horizon and everything is all disrupted, so he is all unsettled. I didn't realize we had so much stuff! I seem to have collected ridiculous things that I have never used and probably never will. Every-time I go to chuck something out, my man goes to take it back out again, saying "hey I like that"
Talking of my other half, is it just me, or do men just seem to be really busy or away when it comes to moving? He is so busy today, really important meetings, on the golf course!!!!!!!!!!
So its me and the little dude. Strapped to my chest as I am attempting to put all of my clothes in to boxes. I can never bring my self to chuck out clothes either. Despite the fact I will probably never fit in to my skinny jeans or belly bearing tops again, I just cant face parting with them.
So far I have just taken everything out of cupboards, and haven't put anything actually in the boxes.
I get heart palpitations seeing all this mess. To say I am like Monika from friends, is putting it lightly. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to cleanliness and tidiness. So this is my idea of hell!
The moving men arrive tomorrow morning, and I am not even half way packed.Oh dear..
I always say this, but I really do never want to move EVER again. I don't know what possessed me to even think about moving with a 4 month old!
Well Got to get on with it.
Until next time
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails